Junk Mail Report™
• How To Get The Junk Mail Report™
• The Press Release
• See a Demo
The Junk Mail Report ™ is compiled results of a Anonymous Survey offered by Harman Research Inc at www.StopTheJunkMail.com at the end of each quarter. Sample size varies by quarter but represents a statistically valid sampling with results accurate to plus or minus 3%.
The survey consists of a series of 11 questions that try to identify the reasons for consumers distaste in receiving unwanted or unsolicited Postal Mail. The Survey also identifies the Top Catalogs and Direct Mail that opt out (or stop notices) were sent for on the StopTheJunkMail.com site
Some of the findings of the Junk Mail Report ™ are as follows:
- 16.4 % recieve 6-10 Catalogs a week.
- 55.6% keep mail order catalogs less than one day.
- 25.6% would like to see catalogs come once every three months.
- 37.8% would rather shop online catalogs rather than receive them in the US Postal Mail..
- 76% receive to many different direct mail fundraising letters via the US Postal Service.
The report also reveals the top Opt Out's or Stop Requests on the sites as follows:
Top 10 Catalogs Opt Out's (stop requests):
2. Ballard Designs
3. Home Decorators Collection
4. Pottery Barn
5. Travel Smith (TravelSmith)
6. Restoration Hardware
7. The Company Store
8. Soft Surroundings
10. Victoria's Secret
Top 10 Direct Mail Opt Out's (stop requests):
1. Direct Marketing Association
2. Experian (TRW)
4. Info USA
5. Geico Direct
6. Bank of America
8. Capital One Credit Card Applications
9. Chase Bank
10. ValPak Direct Marketing
The Junk Mail Report™ (top)
The StopTheJunkMail.com Survey and the Junk Mail Report are property of Harman Research, Inc. To obtain a permission for use of the report or survey results, please email. Reprint permission is granted on a case-by-case basis.