Interesting post at the New York Times about Why Retailers ask for your zip code. I would agree it is for Junk Mail. I have been in many stores and declined to give my zip code to the merchant. Asking them why they needed it they usually say for marketing purposes. What do you do when asked for your postal code? Do you think it is ethical for stores to ask you for it?
You are currently browsing the stopthejunkmail.com blog weblog archives for 'zip-code' tag.
- Discarding Junk Mail – What do you do?
- JCPenney catalog or junk mail? Will this be your catalog choice?
- Why Retailers Ask For Your Zip Code
- USPS to end Saturday letter delivery
- Seeking Revenue, Postal Service Plans to Deliver More Junk Mail
- Postal Junk Mail Address Label Codes DeMystified
- Block Your Junk Mail
- The importance of Customer Numbers when opting out of catalogs
- Stop Holiday Junk Mail Catalogs Now!
- Stop Catalogs Now